Top 10 Online Casinos in Japan 2023
Best Online Casino Sites in Japan
Finding a safe, reliable, and entertaining online casino for Japan is not super hard. For your convenience, CasinoAuditor has collected a list of the best online casino sites in Japan above. Check them out, claim some attractive bonuses, play your favourite games, and win real cash in the web!
|👑 Best Online Casino Japan||Rabona Casino|
|💰 Best Cryptocurrency Casino||7Bit Casino|
|🚀 Best New Online Casino Japan||Katsubet Casino|
|🎰 Best Online Slots Casino Japan||Bets.io Casino|
|🎲 Best Live Dealer Casino Japan||GunsBet Casino|
Japanese Online Casinos Checklist: How to Choose
When looking for an online casino Japan that accepts Japanese players, the gambler has to choose carefully, and pay attention to a variety of aspects. Even legal and certified online casinos can operate under conditions that are not really advantageous for the players. Therefore, we recommend double-check every gambling website they want to register with for real money betting. We have spent years working in the online gambling niche, analyzing hundreds of casinos, and can tell a good one from a bad one. Before registration, the following aspects should be evaluated:
- Legitimacy and licenses – check whether the website has license by the relevant international online gambling authority, and whether the license is still active. Also, check whether the site contains all the legal info about operator right on the platform. If there are any third party certifications, this is a huge advantage
- Banking options, deposit and withdrawal rules – make sure the site offers enough legal banking options for your area, and what is more important – that you personally have access to at least two of the options available. Also, read deposit and withdrawal rules carefully, because some rules may be in fine print and mean something really disadvantageous for you as a player. Check the currencies, transaction limits, and similar terms.
- Gambling rules, wagering requirements – some casinos have really simple gambling rules, while others put numerous limitations and complicated schemes of what is allowed and what is not. Check wagering requirements separately, and if these include deposit plus bonus, or if these exceed the industry’s average, better avoid this site
- Variety of games – as a player, you want the site to offer no less than 500-700 titles, in various categories, including Table Games, Jackpots, Live Dealer, Specialties, etc. The list of software providers should be 15+. It makes little sense playing on a platform with 200 online casino slots by the same studio.
- Bonuses, promotions, additional entertainments – if you want bonuses and promotions, look for websites that offer these. However, read the T&C for bonuses carefully, and see whether the rules suit you. Also, check whether the site offers additional fun, like tournaments, races, and loyalty programs.
How to Sign Up at Japanese Online Casino
Some less experienced players from Japan may feel reluctant to sign up for real money casinos run from offshore, for a bunch of reasons. What are the signs showing that the Japanese casino is trustworthy? Does the player have what it takes to get a casino Japan account? Do the casinos have rights to require real documents and bank statements from their customers? Are there any steps to be taken before the registration? This is where CasinoAuditor comes to the rescue; follow these steps to sign up and make real money bets:
- Make sure you choose a licensed and reliable casino site
- Make sure you have access to at least two banking methods available at this site, for depositing and withdrawing
- Make sure you know the minimum deposit accepted, or eligible for the bonus if you want the bonus, and you have enough funds on your banking accounts/e-wallets
- Double-check the rules for bonuses, minimum deposit and maximum winnings, the wagering requirements, and the period when the bonus is valid, Make sure you know when to claim the bonus – before or after depositing, and whether a promo code is needed
- Click the Sign Up button on the site, generate password, invent login, and provide your email (sometimes here is where you indicate country and currency, too)
- Confirm the registration via email
- Proceed with a casino account, indicating your real name, date of birth, address, etc. Casinos have the right to require those, and some ID documents, to avoid fraudulent customers
- Connect your banking method to your casino account
- Claim bonuses, make bets, and win real money!
How to Deposit to Online Casino in Japan
Depositing to an online casino Japan is not harder than registering an account. Follow these steps to deposit fast and start playing for real cash:
- Connect your banking method to your casino account
- Double-check whether this method can accept cashouts from this casino, or it is proper only for deposits (if cashouts are impossible, you will have to get yourself another banking method for withdrawals)
- Check what minimum deposit is accepted by casino if you do not claim any bonus, and what minimum deposit is eligible for a Welcome Bonus
- Make sure you know when exactly to claim the bonus, and how – before or after deposit, do you need a promo code, or you have to contact the Customer Support, etc.
- Please keep in mind that, if you claim a bonus to your deposit, you must not make any real money bets from this deposit amount before the bonus arrives on your Bonus Balance
- After you learn all the nuances, go to your Banking/Payments page
- Click Deposit and choose your preferred (connected) payment method
- Indicate the amount you want to deposit
- Confirm the payment via email, SMS, code, or phone number, depending on your payment method protocols
- Wait for the payment to arrive on your real money casino balance
- Make sure the bonus arrives, too, if you claimed it
- Now you are ready to make bets for real cash, and win real cash, too!
How to Withdraw Your Founds
Withdrawing may be a bit more tricky than depositing, because many additional rules are to be followed by the customer. Take these steps to make your withdrawal successful:
- Before you request withdrawal, make sure no other bonuses you plan to claim next demand than no withdrawal is pending. For example, one of the requirements to get a cashback bonus is not to have any pending withdrawals on the account, otherwise, the bonus will not be available
- Make sure the amount you want to withdraw meets the minimum and maximum withdrawal limits. If you won big, double-check maximum transaction limits per transaction/per day/per week, to see if your cashout fits well
- Go to your Banking/Payments page and click Withdraw
- Choose your preferred payment method
- Indicate the amount you want to withdraw, and confirm the request
- Your request will be double-checked by the team to make sure no rules were violated, and no fraudulent actions or unusual gambling patterns are associated with your account. As a rule, this procedure takes from 24 to 72 hours
- After your withdrawal request is confirmed, the transaction will be processed by the banking company of your choice according to their procedures, and you will get your winnings within hours or days.
Customer Security and Support
The main indicator of the casino’s security is its gambling license, and the owner/operator of the platform. While any license is generally better than no license, the best licenses are by Malta, Alderney, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, etc.
Another nuance is the owner, and their reputation can be double-checked online. One of the indications is how many other casino sites are run by this owner, and what are these sites’ quality of service. One of the ways to check those is to read Japan online casino reviews.
The next important thing to keep in mind is additional certifications and seals of trust by independent third parties on web betting platforms. The presence of such certifications is advantageous, but they should also be double-checked, because some shady casinos go as far as faking them.
And eventually, Customer Support is crucial for positive user experience at any casino online Japan. The best case scenario is Live Chat, email, and several phone numbers available for contact. Players must not be shy to contact the Support even before they register, to see whether the team is responsive and helpful.
Mobile Online Casinos Japan
Mobile gambling is insanely popular in Japan these days, and this trend will for sure continue in the foreseeable future. Japanese players, especially younger generations, carry out many tasks using smartphones and tablets, and gambling is not an exception. Therefore, mobile-compatible casino sites, and high quality betting applications will have more customers than other platforms.
All the rules applied to PC Japan online casinos work for mobile casinos, too. The apps must be licensed, protected, etc. Choosing an application for real money gambling is not harder than choosing a full-fledged casino platform for PC. The only two things to worry about is whether the casino app is available for the customer’s OS on a smartphone, and whether the Internet connection is quality enough.
Online Casinos Bonuses
Players interested in bonuses and promotions, but not very experienced in their varieties, may want to learn more about different types of offers available on gambling platforms. Yet, not every bonus, even the most attractive and juicy, is advantageous for the player. So, to play successfully, the players need to learn how to pick beneficial promos.
Welcome Bonuses are offered to all newly registered customers who have signed up for real money betting; this is why the offer is called Welcome. This can be a single bonus, or a series of bonuses; they are usually attached to deposits made by the player. The Welcome Bonus can be a match cash the sum of which depends on the deposit size, free cash, free spins, or a combination.
Free Spins are usually offered as a Sign Up No Deposit bonus, as a part of the Welcome Bonus, or as a separate promotion for already depositing customers on the platform. Free Spins are usually granted to be wagered in a particular slot game, or several slot games, and have wagering requirements applied.
No Deposit Bonus
Sign Up bonus is usually a No Deposit Bonus, granted to every new customer who registers a new real money account on the platform. Sign Up online casino bonus is a reward for registration, and it is granted immediately, without the need of depositing your cash first. However, the wagering requirements are still applied.
High Roller Bonus
High Roller means that the bonus is huge, but it is also usually tied to a huge deposit. The point is that most deposits – and bonuses – have a maximum allowed sum limitation, to prevent the casino site from paying too many big bonuses to many players. However, if the player is ready to deposit big and risk big in game, they are granted a big bonus, too. But not many casinos can afford High Roller offers.
Payment Methods for Japanese Online Casinos
Since Japanese online casino players can only make real money bets on online casino games at offshore casino sites, it means that many local payment methods will not be available for deposits and withdrawals. Luckily, online casinos that accept Japanese punters usually offer plenty of both international and local banking options.
The most popular options for deposits and withdrawals include JCB, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paysafecard, Line Pay, Suica, Nanaco, Edy, PayPal, ApplePay, Skrill, Neteller, Pay-easy, Yahoo! Easy payment. It is better to have access to at least two of the methods for safe banking to and from web casinos. Web casinos usually do not apply commissions, but please keep in mind that your preferred payment processing company may apply a small commission to every transaction, so please investigate this aspect beforehand.
Also, pay attention to the currencies accepted by the casino site. Sometimes, the site has a default currency (like EUR or USD), and leaves the right to pay the winnings out in default currency, regardless of the preferred currency of the customer.
Cryptocurrency Casinos Japan
Cryptocurrency is a very beneficial payment option for online gambling, for a number of reasons. Firstly, most ewallets and crypto payment systems support instant transactions, meaning your deposits and withdrawals to and from casinos will be really quick. Secondly, transactions in crypto are very transparent and at the same time secure. It is hard for any third party to mess with crypto transactions. However, there are disadvantages, too. For example, some casino sites allow only depositing in crypto, meaning that all the digital coins are collected by the casino, while the winnings are paid out in fiat currency. If you would like to bet in crypto, avoid such casinos.
Software Providers in Japanese Casinos
Online casino sites do not develop their games on their own; instead, they purchase gaming software from software developing studios, called online casino software providers. Some providers are local, others are international and can legally offer their software almost anywhere in the world.
Since Japan prohibits land based and online casinos alike, at the time of writing, there are no big Japanese software developers in the web gambling niche. However, all web casinos that offer games and accept Japanese players while running their sites from abroad have games by international studios.
If you would like to play games only by the most reputable studios, they include the following companies: Microgaming, NetEnt, Amatic, Asia Gaming, Asia Live Tech, Authentic Gaming, EGT, ELK, Evolution Gaming, and others. Products by these companies are of high quality, and reliable in terms of math, so they can’t be rigged.
Online Casinos Games
Casino games are not only about spinning the reels or playing cards. At least at web casinos, the choice of varieties is way, way bigger. Moreover, software developers take really creative approaches to make new, more engaging and and more beautiful games literally every month. If you are not aware of all the options, CasinoAuditor has your back.
Slots are the most popular category of games since the creation of web gambling platforms. Slots mean you spin the reels, and if the symbols on the reels hit the payline, you win! Slots are easy to play, because the rules are simple. Software developers make hundreds of beautiful innovative slots every year.
Roulette is one of the classic casino games that has been around literally for centuries for now. It was popular back in older times in land based casino houses, and its popularity has only grown when web casinos were introduced. Roulette is one of the classic table games, and it is also a game of luck mostly.
Blackjack is one of the most popular and most favourite card games played at casinos – both offline and online. Blackjack is an old game, and it has many varieties around the world. However, the rules are really simple, and learning to play is not that hard. Blackjack requires some experience, since this is a game of skill.
Live Dealer games are only possible at web casinos, because these allow to play against a Live Dealer remotely online, thus enabling the player to enjoy the atmosphere or a real gambling house without leaving home. Live Dealer Games are less boring than automated games, and the players can socialize remotely.
Craps is a classic table game that has been around for centuries. It is often offered on web platforms, including Live Dealer Games, but it is less popular today because the rules are somewhat complicated to grasp.
What Do You Need to Know about Online Gambling in Japan?
Land based gambling in Japan is still illegal, and this situation is unlikely to change for the better anytime soon. However, while some offline activities and bets are allowed, a wider choice of games and entertainment is obviously available at web casinos.
Japanese gambling has many peculiarities, for example, Japanese punters prefer mobile gambling sites and applications rather than those possible only with PC. The preference of games is also peculiar – besides those classic pokers, roulettes, and Dragon Tiger, Japanese gamblers give credit to Mahjong and even rock-paper-scissors.
Considering that many players in Japan are crazy about online casinos, this type of fun is very popular, and its popularity continues to grow every year. This is why it is important to learn more about licenses, banking, and other aspects of web gambling for real money in Japan. Licenses, laws, legitimacy of operators, and other regulations are among things that are to be double-checked in the first place.
Online Casinos Laws and Legitimacy in Japan
In Japan, all types of casino gambling are legally prohibited. Brick and mortar gambling houses are not allowed, and local operators cannot run web sites for gambling. Talking about what is allowed, there are only four sports – bicycle racing, motorcycle racing, horse racing and powerboat racing – allowed for real money betting, both online and offline, but only organized by local Japanese operators. Other activities are Soccer pool, local lotteries, and betting on bicycle racing.
As it becomes obvious, fans of casino games online can’t find anything for themselves under the Japanese law. However, luckily, online casinos that are run by the offshore companies, are allowed to offer their services to Japanese bettors, without any prohibitions. The main requirement is for the site to be operated from abroad.
However, this allowance leaves Japanese gamblers unprotected from different scams and frauds by international casinos. So, to avoid risks, players should choose sites that hold one (or more!) of the following licences – MGA, UKGC, Curacao, Alderney, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Cyprus.
Gambling Taxes In Japan
Since offline gambling in Japan is illegal, and only a few activities are available for making bets, the taxes are already included into the size of bets, or the cost of lottery tickets, and eventually only huge wins are subject to taxes. As for online gambling Japan, since it is not regulated by Japan, no taxes are expected to be paid from the winnings. The only possible exception can be maid for huge winnings by professional poker players who make a living by playing casino games.
Yes! If you play at real money online casinos Japan and make bets with your own cash, or a No Dep bonus, you will win real funds, too. If the Japanese online casino of your choice is fair, all you need to win cash is a little bit of luck.
Best casinos Japan usually accept not only international currencies like USD or EUR, but also JPY and other local currencies. If they offer services in Japan, they are likely to accept many Asian currencies.
All the best casinos in Japan offer games in the so-called Demo mode (also called Practice, or Play for Fun mode), to enable the customers to learn the game mechanics and rules before making valuable bets. Many sites actually allow this feature even for unregistered visitors.
If an online casino in Japan offers No Deposit cash or Free Spins, you will find that out on their Promotions page. Betting platforms always brag about their No Deposit offers, so be sure you won’t miss it if it is there. And if it is there, you will be able to get it as a reward for activity, usually – for signing up to the site. Please keep in mind that whatever you win by using Free Spins (or cash, or chips) is subject to wagering requirements.
You do not need VPN software to play at online casinos Japan. Moreover, you are recommended to avoid VPNs, because as soon as the casino Support notices you use it, your account will most likely be permanently blocked, and your deposit returned to you, full stop.